The Crater/Skid Builder is responsible for assisting or using appropriate materials, methods, design concepts and equipment to develop and produce how we package and ship our finished components. This includes building and/or finishing skids, both custom and stock, in an efficient, effective, and safe manner. Duties include:
• Build skids by operating a variety of shop tools including a radial arm saw, pneumatic nail gun, spiker, stapler, and tape measure according to the established safety standards.
• Fully band, crate and number skids for shipping.
• Operate material handling equipment such as forklifts, overhead cranes, jib cranes and pallet jacks.
• Perform daily inspections on forklifts.
• Assist with crating or other areas as needed.
• Read a tape measure to 1/32 of an inch
• Contribute to a continuous improvement environment and work well within a fast paced, efficient manufacturing team.
• High school education or GED
• One year of related manufacturing experience in steel fabrication and skid building is preferred
• Must be able to accurately read a tape measure
• Certification on forklift, overhead crane, and pneumatic nail gun is preferred
• Must have legible handwriting and strong written and verbal communication skills
We offer a $1.00/hour shift differential for all 2nd shift positions. In addition, we offer a competitive wage based on experience and performance as well as a generous incentive plan. We also offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, 401K, and profit sharing.
Careers at Global Finishing Solutions
Recognized worldwide, Global Finishing Solutions (GFS) is the leading manufacturer of paint booths and finishing systems for a wide variety of industries — including automotive collision repair, aviation, industrial manufacturing, marine, military and defense, rail and transit, trucking and wood finishing. Our strength is in custom building finishing equipment to meet the unique needs of each customer. From sales and engineering to marketing and manufacturing, this variety of work makes our jobs exciting.
We believe that every employee ‘makes their mark’ on a company. A rapidly growing business, we are continuously seeking candidates to fill both new and vacant positions. Join us and see how you can make your mark.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on FLiXER